NEW U.S. Passport for minors (under 16 years of age)
Use this procedure if:
- Your child is under 16 years of age
- If your child has never had passport before
STEP 1. GATHER THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Original US birth certificate with both parents' names on it, must be issued by the state, NOT the hospital
- Copies of both parents' driver's licenses (front & back)- originals will be shown at the post office
- Copy of itinerary showing international flights within 14 days of the post office appointment (must include the child's & at least one parent's name). If you do not have an itinerary, please call 212-759-5540 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One Application DS-11 (fill out online) this form must be filled out online. All hand-written applications will be suspended
- Letter of Authorization (click here to download)- this form must be included inside your sealed envelope. If not, your paperwork will be suspended and it will take considerably longer to process your passport. Both parents must sign this form and put (mother) and (father) next to their signatures.
- Application DS-3053 (click here to download)- this form is only needed IF one of the parents cannot go to the post office. The non-appearing parent must fill out and notarize this form.
- Personal check for $160.00 if you are applying for a passport book only OR $175.00 if you are applying for a passport book AND passport card. Make check payable to "US DEPARTMENT OF STATE"
STEP 2: MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND VISIT YOUR LOCAL POST OFFICE
- Both parents AND the child will need to visit their local post office that can do a HAND CARRY PROCEDURE. If one parent cannot appear, they must provide a notarized form DS-3053 and a copy of their ID used for notarization.
- Most post offices require scheduled appointments after Covid. Click here to schedule your appointment.
- Bring all documents listed in Step 1 to the post office.
- When you arrive at the post office, ask for the clerk who deals with passports.
- Tell the post office clerk that you are doing a HAND CARRY PROCEDURE.
- Post office clerk will witness parents' signatures, verify your identities and will seal all documents in one envelope. You will be charged $35 or $50 (if you need to take photos) for this procedure.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW THE POST OFFICE CLERK TO MAIL YOUR ENVELOPE DIRECTLY TO THE NATIONAL PASSPORT CENTER. YOU MUST WALK OUT OF THE POST OFFICE WITH YOUR SEALED ENVELOPE!
STEP 3: FILL OUT REMAINING DOCUMENTS & CALCULATE FEES (PPV Service Fee + Shipping Fee)
- One Letter of Authorization (click here to download)- we ask to you fill out an additional form in case the passport agency requests one.
- PPV Order form (click here to download)
- Please put the additional letter or authorization and PPV Order form on top of your sealed envelope.
|Passport Plus Visas Service Fees ||7-10 business days process||4-6 business days process||Next Day Process|
|Price per application ||$350.00||$550.00||$750.00|
|Shipping Fees: || FedEx Overnight Return || FedEx 2 Day Return |
STEP 4: MAIL YOUR SEALED ENVELOPE & REMAINING DOCUMENTS TO OUR OFFICE ADDRESS BELOW WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR POST OFFICE APPOINTMENT
We must receive your sealed envelope with 24 hours of your post office appointment or it will become invalid.
PASSPORT PLUS VISAS
20 EAST 49TH STREET, 3RD FLOOR
NEW YORK NY 10017
*** The service fees are non-refundable. Due to the high volume of applications being processed, the processing times may be changed by the Passport Agency. PASSPORT PLUS is not responsible for processing delays within US Department of State or shipping delays. PASSPORT PLUS is NOT a government agency. By mailing your paperwork to PASSPORT PLUS for processing, you confirm that you reviewed our website and agree to all rules and prices listed on our website.